EASA » Introduction
EASA is a Civil Aviation Safety Agency of European Union, which mainly focuses on safety aspects by following continuous analysis and research.
Responsibilities of EASA
- Conduct analysis and research of civil aviation safety
- Authorize foreign operators
- Provide advice on drafting EU Civil Aviation legislation, implementing and monitoring safety rules
- Issue type certificate for aircraft and components
- Approve organizations involved in design, manufacture and maintenance of aeronautical products